The Immersive Media Lab within the Department of Music Research at the Schulich School of Music is being developed for 3D immersive audio research and production within the McGill Sound Recording Studios.
- Hong, J.W.; Woszczyk, W.; Begault, D. & Benson, D. “Synthesis of Moving Reverberation Using Active Acoustics—Preliminary Report”, 138th Convention of Audio Engineering Society, Warsaw, Poland. Paper Number: 9326, May 2015.
- Howie, W.; King, R.; Boerum, M.; Benson, D. and Han, J. “Listener preference for height channel microphone polar patterns in three-dimensional recording”, published in the proceedings of the 139th Convention of the Audio Engineering Society, New York, October, 2015.
- Howie, W. & King, R. “Exploratory Microphone Techniques for Three-Dimensional Classical Music Recording” published in the proceedings of the 138th Convention of the Audio Engineering Society, Warsaw, May, 2015.
- Imamura, H., Kim, S., Marui, A., Kamekawa, T., King, R., and Woszczyk, W. “Discovering perceptual characteristics of multichannel music with height ambiences for Japanese listeners”, presented at the 13th International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition (ICMPC), Seoul, August 4-8th, 2014.
- Kamekawa, T., Karampourniotis, A., Kim, S., Ko, D., King, R., and Leonard, B. “Significance of height loudspeaker positioning for perceived immersive sound field reproduction”, from the proceedings of the 167th meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, Providence, Rhode Island, May 7th
- Kim, S., Ko, D., Woszczyk, W., Okumura, H. “Rendering an immersive sound field using a virtual height loudspeaker: Effect of height-related room impulse responses”, Proceedings of 2013 IEEE 2nd Global Conference on Consumer Electronics (GCCE 2013), Tokyo, Japan, Oct. 1-4, 2013.
- Kim, S.; King, R. & Kamekawa, T. “A cross-cultural comparison of salient perceptual characteristics of height channels for a virtual auditory environment”, Virtual Reality, ISSN 1359-4338 Vol19 No. 2 Springer Verlag, August, 2015.
- Kim, S.; Ko, D.; Nagendra, A. & Woszczyk, W. “Subjective Evaluation of Multichannel Sound with Surround-Height Channels.” In Audio Engineering Society 135th Convention. New York, NY, USA: Audio Engineering Society, 2013.
- King, R.; Howie, W. & Kelly, J. “A Survey of Suggested Techniques for Height Channel Capture in Multi-channel Recording”, published in the proceedings of the 140th Convention of the Audio Engineering Society, Paris, June 7th, 2016.
- Martin, B.; King, R. & Woszczyk, W. “Subjective Graphical Representation of Microphone Arrays for Vertical Imaging and Three-Dimensional Capture of Acoustic Instruments”, Convention Paper 9613, 141st Convention of Audio Engineering Society (October), Los Angeles, USA, 2016.
- Sunder, K. & Woszczyk, W. “Investigation of Impulse Response Recording Techniques in Binaural Rendering of Virtual Acoustics”, Convention Paper 9609, 141st Convention of Audio Engineering Society, Los Angeles, USA, 2016.