- This event has passed.
14th International Conference for Music Perception and Cognition
July 5, 2016 - July 9, 2016
The Orchestration and Perception Project presents several new papers at this year’s ICMPC in San Francisco, California:
- Goodchild, M., and McAdams, S. “Developing orchestration theory from an empirical analysis method.”
- McAdams, S., Gianferrara, P., Soden, K., and Goodchild, M. “Factors influencing instrument blend in orchestral excerpts.”
- Kazazis, S., Esterer, N., Depalle, P., and McAdams, S. “Testing the Robustness of the Timbre Toolbox and the MIRtoolbox.”
- McAdams, S., Tse, A., and Wang, G. “Generalizing the learning of instrument identities across pitch registers.”
- Gates, S., Hasegawa, R. and McAdams, S. “The effect of timbre differences on pitch interval identification in musically trained listeners.”
- Soden, K., Saks, J., and McAdams, S. “The influence of timbre and expressive intent on musical communication of emotion.”
For more information about the conference, visit icmpc.org.